The highly anticipated return of the Vodafone Warriors to Wellington is nearly here! The Warriors are taking on the Cronulla Sharks this Friday at 8pm and we can’t wait. There is plenty going on in the lead up to the game as well as at the Stadium before kick off that you don’t want to miss.
Welcome the Warriors to Wellington
We want to give the Warriors a big Welly welcome to celebrate their arrival to the capital on Thursday! The team arrives into Wellington airport at 2.05pm and will receive a powhiri from Brandon Intermediate’s Kapa Haka group before the Warriors head off to their hotel. Come on down and show the boys your support!
Vodafone Warriors players and staff will be available for a signing and photo session from 5pm in the pre-function space on Level 2 at the Rydges Wellington. This is your chance to meet your heroes, including some of the game's biggest names, grab your mates or bring the whole family for this exclusive Warriors fan event!
If you haven’t got your tickets already, there are still some left from Ticketek. Click here to purchase. If you have any ticketing questions or need to purchase last minute, the ticket box office will open at 12pm on game day. We recommend buy your tickets online to save money. Online adults range from $29 to $49 and children are $10. At the gate, adults range from $39 to $59 and children are $15.
The Stadium car park opens at 4pm and costs $32 online or $35 at the gate. Click here to purchase. Online sales close at 2pm on Friday but cash and eftpos are available at the gate. Please don’t forget to print out your ezyticket and have it ready to show on your arrival to the carpark. Once parked, please your ticket on the your dashboard.
Let the game begin!
Gates open at 6.30pm and kick off is at 8pm. There will be lots going on pre-game so arrive early and enjoy the action.
In the build up to the NRL kick-off, we’ve got six mini mod fixtures on the main turf at Westpac Stadium with the Patea Warriors, Dannevirke Tigers, Whiti Te Ra, Porirua Vikings, Titahi Bay Marlins, Te Aroha Eels, Kapiti Coast Bears, Wainuiomata Lions, Randwick Kingfishers and the Victoria Hunters all represented.
There will also be drummers, a competition to predict the score, a half time relay, face painting, fireworks and merchandise available to purchase on the Inner Plaza and at Aisle 14 and 22.
Eat and drink
Take a look at what we have on offer at the game to keep you fed and watered during the Warriors game:
- There will be plenty of food and beverage outlets open around the concourse, except between Aisles 1-8 which are closed for this game. We also have Fritz Weiner’s out on the Inner Plaza.
- You can pop up the Mezzanine Bar and the Pavilion Bar for a wider selection of wine, craft beer and other food options too.
- For something a little bit sweet, we have donuts at Aisle 13, Aisle 25 and the Inner Plaza.
- If you need a coffee hit or to warm up, there are two barista coffee carts around the Stadium. These are located at Aisle 13 and 24. Coffee is a popular choice at half time so please be patient as it takes time to make each coffee fresh.
- Patrons are more than welcome to bring an empty or sealed bottle no bigger than 1L into the Stadium. Water fountains are also located at Aisle 2,6, 9, 11, 23, 25, 28 and 32.
We encourage patrons to not stop at the first outlet they see on the Concourse if it is busy.
For all our entry conditions, click here.
Got a question?
For ticketing, call 0800 TICKETEK. Otherwise, send a DM on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. If you need assistance on the night, text 5454 or contact us via our social channels above.
Have a great time and GO THE WARRIORS!